When I came across this tutorial by Rae for making a simple baby summer suit, I thought it the perfect project to practice following instructions. (I'm building up to following an actual pattern I swear...) However, despite my best intentions, I ended up with a very narrow tube that would go nowhere near my chunky 5-month daughter.
Why share my failures? Well, if anyone else is just starting it's good to know you're not the only one for whom it doesn't go according to plan. It's also gonna be useful for me to look back and see my mistakes so I can learn from them.
On the bright side, I did manage to shir along the leg holes using elastic thread without breaking my machine so there's always something to be grateful for I guess. However, I'd spent so long on it - including putting in the snappers - that I really lost heart and just couldn't bear to start again. (Maybe it's something to do with being the 13th.)
I've emailed Rae and she's kindly already replied so we are trying to work out what happened although I'm pretty sure I got the orientation wrong. I won't give up completely I WILL get back to it.
In the meantime, I need to sew on and have some success to keep me going...
What I learned: