To be honest, it did not take 10 minutes or anything like it, mostly due to my having to unpick the entire skirt from the bodysuit as it had been sewn on so badly - I'd actually missed huge sections so it was half-attached, half hanging off. In the end, I reckon I spent over an hour on it but it doesn't matter cos it worked!
I had a pack of wee flowers on hand from the amazing Daiso (12 for a quid!) so I sewed a few over the faded logo on the bodysuit and I think it added a nice finishing touch.
What I learned:
- unpicking stitches takes AGES, although there's possibly a better technique I haven't yet discovered
- shirring isn't half as scary as I thought
- picking up odds and ends of bargains for embellishments is worthwhile
- upcycling is very satisfying