Friday 29 May 2015

Chevrons for Kel

My friend Kelly has been super generous with baby stuff since I had my daughter, so I wanted to thank her with a custom made 'something'. She had chosen the material a while back with the request for a dress, but alas - we realised too late we didn't have enough material, and that pattern was no longer available. So today was D-day, and Kel decided on a top and dress for her daughter. My first time making something from 'virgin' material for someone else so many, many, many tryings-on later, voila! (Isn't my model gorgeous?!)


What I learned:
  • matching up chevrons on the seam is a 'mare - and totally not worth it
  • creative darts can get rid of bulk where bulk should not be 
  • Kelly has a nice bum, worth showing off!


2 comments:

  1. Cute top. The matching chevrons look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top. The matching chevrons look good though.

    ReplyDelete